Saturday, October 16, 2010

A New Found Olden Day Relic

Hello all!
Update- hmm... where to begin... Been working on my well, hmm.. all of the things Im behind on.. and it seems unending.. but as i was reworking my thesis i found this stunning bridge that i mentioned but had not found it anywhere other than the Herald- the Blaawkrantz Bridge, Grahamstown.

I fell in love with it immediately.. wow.. it is a stunning marvel of human engineering in a setting that just calls for attention. I love the lines, the form and the fact that there is such a history about this bridge. Still present today, i will be attending this tour- as its only in Grahamstown, it is a Heritage site and its so inspiring- I hope you all do too! I found a snip of a newspaper article about it.. so interesting, even though the stunning bridge seemed to create a disaster...






No comments:

Post a Comment